As a property manager, you are probably busy with tasks and deadlines you need to complete, so it’s easy to overlook or delay the maintenance of the trees on the commercial properties you are managing. But actually, proper tree care is an essential part of maintaining a property. It also helps limit your liability while boosting the property’s value. With that said, here’s a complete property manager tree care guide. It discusses the importance of tree pruning and how it can help your business.
Importance of tree pruning
Here are some excellent reasons why you need to add tree pruning in your regular maintenance programme for the properties you are handling.
- Helps prevent accidents. Trees should be checked routinely for any deadwood, as this is often the cause of many accidents. When tree limbs or branches lose their structural integrity, their chances of falling off increases. You may consider yourself lucky if it doesn’t hit anyone or anything. However, you would still have to take time to remove them, especially if they are obstructing the sidewalk or the road.
- Improves kerb appeal. Tree overgrowth in a property, whether a commercial or residential one, would discourage potential tenants. Aside from making the property look creepy, it also shows negligence on your part as a property manager. By merely having the trees trimmed now and then, you can maintain the natural beauty of your property and increase its kerb appeal.
- Opens up parking spaces. Your tenants pay you for parking, so they might feel bad if overgrowth and low hanging branches block some of their spaces. As property manager, it is your responsibility to make sure that they’re able to utilise every inch of their parking spaces.
Benefits of hiring commercial tree services
As property manager, tree pruning is an important responsibility, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it yourself. You can hire any of the companies that offer tree care services in your area. However, do make sure that you choose a reliable one who can cater to all your requirements. Listed below are some of the advantages you get by hiring property manager tree pruning services.
- Commercial tree care experts are highly-trained individuals who have the necessary knowledge and experience to do the job as safely as possible.
- Tree pruning is not as easy as it seems. If you do it wrong, you may end up doing irreparable damage to the tree. On the other hand, Property manager tree care experts know exactly what they are doing. So, your trees are safer with them.
- Tree care experts have the right tools to get the job done faster.
The bottom line
Some people think that they can save money by doing the pruning themselves. But, what they don’t know is that there is science behind tree trimming. You can’t just cut anywhere you want to, as that could potentially damage the tree.
Hiring tree care experts is a more cost-effective option than having to replace an entire tree or paying for someone’s hospital bills because of an accident caused by falling deadwood. Tree care companies, like Skyline Tree Care, can handle all your property manager tree care needs.