You know the numerous challenges you face on a daily basis when using an old bathroom. Your bathroom may have a bathtub but you wish to experience the joy of using a shower. Moreover, in older homes where there are many plumbing issues, the homeowners may decide to redesign the bathroom. One of the latest trends in the remodeling of bathrooms is the wet room showers. A linear drains shower creates wet room showers, and along with that, you can get the designs you desire. Some people refer to linear drains as channel drains or trench drains.
A linear shower drain works on simple design principles and utilizes a long rectangular pipe. The linear drains for showers are usually inside a trench that runs the length of the pipe and is located below the floor level. The metal spacers and waterproof flange ensure that the trench drains swill out with the finished point of the shower’s floor.
Advantages of Linear Shower Drains
- They cost less – Many people find this surprising. This type of drains has lower costs since it is easy to create a single slope and also because the installation takes less time.
- Larger Possibilities – The linear drain shower does not need edges around the shower pan to lead the water to the floor drain. This characteristic makes it a no threshold shower that is beautiful to use as well as entirely suitable for designing an ADA accessible shower too. For example, you can place these types of drains at the shower doorway and hence your glass shower doors with no porch can lengthen all the way to the floor for a sleek look. You may also prefer not to put shower doors by ensuring the drains are well placed in the linear drains shower, and the water remains in the shower area.
- Flexibility – You can customize the shape, color and model of the trench drain system so that it matches the general bathroom design. Other design alternatives that come when putting in place of a linear drains shower include the tile size you opt to use in the shower area. Whereas traditional round shower drains can only use small tiles, the linear drains shower system gives you the leeway to use larger tiles, thereby giving you some flexibility in your bathroom remodel.
How to Choose a Linear Drains System that Fits Perfectly
- Select a shower drain that has built in height adjustments so that you won’t have to undergo the hassle of buying them separately.
- Always note the specifications of the product and pick the product with factory waterproofing, that is vital for linear drains shower systems to prevent leaks that induce mold.
One easy way that you can use a channel drain system is to position the shower trough drain on a side and form a small shower plate inclination to evacuate the water. There are other complicated designs that experts use. Whichever model you pick, ensure that the trench shower drain is of high quality as this saves you a lot of troubles. Constantly bear in mind that a proper drain system can last you a lifetime.