Getting the hang of being a first-time student in Brisbane? Or perhaps you want more privacy this school year and opt to move from crowded students halls to your own studio apartment. Before the official school year starts, make sure to find a student studio apartment Brisbane offers that meet your tastes.
If you found a studio apartment that is affordable, you may want to add a few personal touches. You will feel more at ease if you know a few tricks to revamp your own space. Below are a few ideas you can try to spruce up your student studio apartment Brisbane has to offer:
1. Add Cushions in Trendy Colours — Student apartments can be dull and dry. But with a few throw pillows or couch cushions in trendy colours will make the space look inviting. Adding throw pillows is one easy way to put some pop of colour to your studio apartment.
2. Paint Your Own Rug — Rugs can look boring and monotonous. If you have a knack for creativity, why not paint your own rug? You can create your own design using stencils or you can paint your desired pattern directly on the rug. There are a lot of cheap rugs that you can buy from bargain stores or thrift stores. You can also learn from online tutorials on how to effectively paint a rug. Simply choose a rug with a low pile so you can get the best results.
3. Bring in the Greens — One budget-friendly way to spice up your student studio apartment is to add some greenery. Just a few plants here and there is enough to bring life into your own space. There are plants that help clean the air while others help you study better. You can start with plants that are easy to grow like aloe vera, cactus, rubber trees, jade plants, and many others.
4. Use Multi-Purpose Storage Spaces — Living in a Brisbane university accommodation can be a bit crampy. That is why others opt for student studio apartment Brisbane offers more privacy. But to make the most of your studio apartment, opt for multipurpose storage to maximise the space of your apartment. You can use a Murphy bed or a bed with storage spaces underneath. You can also opt for an ottoman that can serve as a coffee table. There are also benches with hidden storage spaces that are perfect for hiding your sweaters and blankets. If you love entertaining friends but worried about your small space, you can buy a fold-down kitchen table to accommodate your guests.
5. Decorate with Curtains — Most studio apartments are furnished while others are not. If you want to decorate your own place in a cost-effective way, buy some fabric or drop cloth, and make some yourself. You can hang curtains from the ceiling down to your floors to make the room look bigger. This will also create a focal point especially if you choose a fabric that has lots of patterns.
These are just a few tips to make your studio apartment feel like home. As soon as you have picked which university in Brisbane or Griffith you are going to, looking for the ideal Griffith uni accommodation that is perfect for your tastes and budget. Start shopping for things you may need during your stay. If you can bring a few stuff from home, this will help lessen your decorating expenses. If you want to look at other QUT accommodation Kelvin Grove has today, visit studentone.com for useful details.